Monday, September 24, 2007

First Day of Yoga Class

For those of you who know me, you know that I'm a big fan of lifelong learning. I used to take classes at the local community college before I moved here: Spanish, Flyfishing, Aerobics...whatever caught my fancy. The offerings at the community college where I live now are not so diverse, so I've limited myself to scrapbooking with a wonderful group at the local stamp and scrapbook store. But a few weeks ago I decided to plunge back into the community college circuit. My choice for this term: Yoga.

Those of you who know me also realize that I'm not a huge fan of exercise for the sake of exercise. Playing at the lake, or taking a hike with friends is different. But I also realized I needed to get off my duff and do something. That trip to Kentucky this summer sort of sabotaged my good eating habits. What can i say, I love fried food!

So yoga. It's something I'd never done, but was curious about. So I registered, paid my fee and tonight, I went to my first yoga class. Wow! I thought I was pretty flexible, but that was quickly proven to be a fallacy. I stretched muscles I'd forgotten I had. So for the next 10 weeks I will stretch, balance and use those long forgotten muscles twice a week for class. Let's just hope I can get out of bed tomorrow.

No comments: