Friday, September 7, 2007

First Week of School

I've survived the first week of school. It's been completely chaotic. Schedules weren't done for the kids until the last week. This week has been all about changing schedules, and I'm flying by the seat of my pants, as usual.

On the up side, I think this year will be positive. Most of my students are not spending all day in Alt. Ed. That's good. Personally, I believe they should have some time with their peers and be subjected to the regular high school stuff. At the same time, the kids disagree and are making their displeasure well known. Luckily, my boss and I agree, and since she's in charge of their schedules, they're stuck with our decisions. This should help to save my own sanity as well. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy what I do, and I really can't imagine doing a boring old 9 to 5 job. But I know my limitations, and that sometimes teenagers don't always know what's best.

No comments: