Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Weekend Company & Death of Jelly Fish

My parents and aunt came to visit for the weekend. It's always an experience to have company. Since I live so far away, nobody comes just for dinner. I give up my bed for Mom & Dad. It's the least I can do, and I really don't mind sleeping on the sofa. I have a really great Dagwood sofa. My aunt had the airbed. Unfortunately, it didn't cooperate. She woke up on Saturday rolled up like a hotdog in a bun. Mission for the day: Find a new airbed.

The weather really cooperated for their visit. The coast is not really a fun place when it's stormy. Saturday we visited the Farmer's Market, looked at RV's (the parents just can't resist), and ate clam chowder. We also took a long walk on the beach and saw a really nice sunset.



Sunday was similar, but instead of eating out we had Thanksgiving style turkey dinner. I'll be eating turkey for several more days. That evening we walked on a different beach and encountered several dozen dead and dying jelly fish. I don't know what caused them to wash ashore, but I've never quite seen anything like it.

No comments: