Saturday, September 8, 2007

Beach Glass and Starfish

Today was beautiful, so I decided to take a long walk on my favorite beach. There's just something about the solitude (even when surrounded by people), and the sound of the waves. And this time of year, it's all about going barefooted!



I have a couple of goals when I'm walking on the beach. I'm on the look out for beach glass. There's just something I find so interesting about the shapes and finishes once sand and the waves have done their thing. Today was a good day. I found a few pieces.



Another thing I really like playing with my camera. I've had this digital camera for almost a year now, and (as my last set of vactation photos show, I'm not the greatest photographer. With digital, I get to practice and nobody can see the dozens of shots I delete because they're awful. The beach has lots of good subjects. Today it was starfish at low tide.

No comments: