Sunday, September 23, 2007

Paper Packrat

That's me. I have this horrible habit of keeping paper. Small scraps with scribbles of names and reminders, magazine articles I found significant, old class rosters from years and jobs past, and the list goes on. Today I decided to tackle the spare bedroom and the burgeoning piles that erupt from every available flat surface. I found some interesting things.

  • An email from my college friend Jen dated December 2005.
  • A list of books I wanted to read...from 2006!
  • Scraps with random email addresses and websites.
  • A copy of a world history test I gave last year.
  • My 10th grade class roster from 2004.
  • Various recipes I've clipped with the plans to cook, but I haven't.
  • Several articles on how to save money. It's become an obsession of mine.
  • Boarding passes for a trip I took a year ago.
  • A warranty form I didn't send in.
  • And lots more......

The result of this little foray? I filled a paper bag of stuff to recycle and filled another to shred (of course my shredder's dead) :( And a long email to Jen apologizing for my poor correspondence skills. I'm pretty sure I responded in January 2006, but I'm not positive. Here's hoping she forgives me.

No comments: