Monday, October 1, 2007

Tire Trouble

So, I made a trip to Portland this weekend. And it's not like that's the short jaunt it used to be. Now, I spend hours in the car to get there. But I went, because the OEA (Oregon Education Association) trainings are usually pretty good. And I feel much more confident in reading a school district budget now.

The tire trouble reared it's ugly head this morning. I was up early ready to get to work with lots of things on my "to do" list. Something didn't feel right as I backed out of the driveway. Lo and behold, I had a flat tire. No big deal, right? I've changed tires before, and I'm more than capable of doing so again. I jacked up the car, removed the the flat; no problems. Then I discovered that the jack, at it's maximum height wouldn't give me enough clearance to mount the spare. One call to Les Schwab and an hour and a half later, I was finally on my way. Thankfully Suzanne was willing to cover for me at school. I don't know what I would've done without her today.

The end of the story was expensive. Somewhere, on the road between Corvallis and here I picked up a piece of metal in the tire. The tire couldn't be saved and I had to shell out more money than the budget allowed to get rolling again.

No comments: