Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Birthdays

I really hate making quick trips to far away places, but sometimes you just need to. Committements are really important in my family, and this last weekend our family had two birthdays: My mother turned....well, "you're only as old as you feel" (or so she's always saying) and my Great Aunt Bess celebrated her 95th. Happy Birthday ladies!



My cousins threw a little party for my aunt with several dozen close friends and family. It was really great to catch up since we're scattered geographically and have very busy lives. It's sad that it takes a special occasion or a tragedy to bring all of us together. The last time most of us were together was for Melissa & Brett's wedding in 2003.



After the party, our immediately family had birthday dinner for Mom. We ended up at Old Chicago in Portland. She's more low key, and not really a fan of the big do. Of course, there may come a day when all bets are off. After all, there is a big wedding anniversary coming up in a couple years. She'd kill us if we actually did it. But...

No comments: