Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stretched Too Thin

I don't know why I feel I have to do it all. I promised myself, after over committing in high school and burning out, to never do this to myself again. In college I did practically nothing beyond classes, homework and hanging out with friends. It was a wonderful time. You'd think I would've learned from that experience.

My typical week right now consists of working all day. I'm usually at my desk by 7:30 and try to leave by 4:00. Then comes the meetings:
  • Evaluation Committee: meets every other Monday
  • Executive Board for the Union: at least two, usually three meetings a month on Thursdays.
  • Staff : meets every Wednesday afternoon with entire high school; my building every Tuesday morning.
  • Book Club: every Monday, but I miss it on the days I have Evaluation meetings.

Throw in yoga two nights each week, and any parent/IEP/etc type event and I rarely get home by 7:30. Now if only I could figure out why I seem to be incapable of saying "NO."

No comments: