Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kentucky & Indiana


A week ago my parents and headed to Louisville, Kentucky for a family reunion. This reunion is an annual event that moves around the country, and includes descendents from a common ancestor who lived during the Revolutionary War. It's a lot of fun, and I really enjoy the relatives. Now I just need to rest up from my vacation!

For anyone who hasn't been to Kentuckiana (yes, they call it that down there), there's so much to do. A brief list of things we saw and experienced include: The Louisville Slugger Museum, the Frazier International History Museum, Bardstown, My Old Kentucky Home State Park, The Bourbon Heritage Center at Heaven Hill Distillery, Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby Museum, Locust Grove, Abraham Lincoln Birthplace, Abraham Lincoln Boyhood home, The Ohio River, Buffalo Trace Distilley, Bluegrass Country, Frankfort, Jim Beam Distillery, and a few other things. It feels like I haven't stopped moving in the last week. And all of this was in addition to the time spent with our cousins who came from ten other states for this reunion. It really was remarkable.

No comments: