Sunday, August 5, 2007

Two New Firsts

So, it's been a weekend of firsts for me. Mom and I went to the county fair with a friend, and I had my first ever Deep-Fried Snickers Bar. I know, it's not a new thing, but it's new to me. I mean, I'd heard about them, but I'd never actually tasted one. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7. It's hard to ruin a Snickers bar, so that part gets plus points, but I wasn't too crazy about the batter they dipped the bar in.

The second first was today. It was a girls shopping trip (Mom, sister, aunt, niece and I) at the new Ikea store in Portland. I've never visited another Ikea, so I have no comparisons except to my own imagination. First of all, I really do like the array of things they sell. I think when it's time to buy some new furniture, that's the place to start. It's inexpensive and very well presented. After all, teachers don't make a mint. Second, I've heard really great things about their cafe, but the line was horrendously long, so that was nixed for another visit sometime in future. What I wasn't really fond of was the crowds. Way too many people, which could be a result of only being open for two weeks. But I don't really like being herded along like sheep, and that's the way I felt most of the time we were inside.

No comments: