Thursday, August 30, 2007

Days of Inservice

The last couple days have been long and, somewhat, tedious. It's the usual back to school stuff. Tuesday's boring part started off with the district staff listening to a rather patronizing speech by a school board member. It's really annoying when someone makes a point of telling a group "you're all very intelligent" but does it sarcastically. I was not impressed, which he probably thought we should be. Yesterday I sat in on a department meeting where the new director of said department started his presentation strongly (I had high hopes) only to negate that when we presented him with some real-life situations. I can't wait until he actually has to sit in on a meeting with one our more dogged parents. I think he'll be in for an eye-opener. Yesterday afternoon was spent in curriculum mapping training. I actually think it's a useful tool, just not very practical for my particular position. School starts Tuesday. I guess we'll see how things play out.

No comments: