Friday, August 24, 2007

Plumbing Problems

Kit and I had a very uneventful drive home today. He was unusually quiet, and traffic was not an issue. I figured I'd get the car unpacked and make it to my hair appointment without any problem. Boy was I wrong!

I unlocked the door and was greeted by the smell of sewage. I started checking the possibilities and discovered the downstairs toilet was was plugged. I tried the plunger; didn't work. So I mopped up the water on the floor and started a load of wash for the wet, stinky towels. That was a mistake. When the washer drained, everything back flowed into the downstairs shower and toilet, and then cascaded all over the floor. Really gross. At this point I made a panicked phone call to the rental agency and waited for the Roto-Rooter guy. He ended up having to take the toilet out to snake the drain. He finished fairly quickly. My clean-up took a lot longer.

Webfetti.com

No comments: