Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Mania: A Night at the Bookstore

I will admit that I really like the Harry Potter books. I reserved my copy of book 7 as soon as the release date was announced. I don't, however, consider myself to be a fanatic about the whole thing. Last night, I met fanatics. True, costumed, trivia spouting fanatics who know way more about the books than I will ever remember.


Most people would imagine that children, the intended audience, would get the greatest satisfaction from the stories. Last night, the adults outnumbered the kids, with teens coming in a close second. The local bookstore labeled the even a "ball" so out came the prom dresses, and other strange fashions.

I imagine that many of those present last evening went straight home and started reading. I decided sleep was more important. Plus, I like to savor my reading. I think that's something that I've learned as I've matured. I've got about 300 pages left to go. I'll finish tomorrow.

No comments: