Saturday, July 14, 2007

Extreme Makeover:Home Edition


It's been a very hectic week. I spent my days helping with the facilitation and coordination of volunteers in this area for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (yes, I mean the tv show). We had so many people who wanted to help and a limited number of positions. People can get very cranky when they don't get what they want. It's exhausting, and it pushes my buttons because this entire project was NOT ABOUT THE VOLUNTEERS! It's about a family whose home adversely impacted the health of their children. Sorry. Had to state that.

I finally got out the site on Friday evening. The old house was demoed on Monday, and by the time I got there the completed house had already been turned over to the production company for decor and furniture. Let me tell you it's beautiful. And since boxes needed to be moved in, I got to go inside. Otherwise I hauled ice, restocked coolers, and generally did what needed doing. I'm glad I did it.

No comments: