Monday, July 9, 2007

The Beginning of the Blog

So, I've spent the last hour browsing through Lisa's blog, and those of her sisters Meta, Anna, Sara & Becca. Thanks for the inspiration ladies! I'm not sure quite what to do with this; I'm guessing it will evolve as I continue to do so. And since the title of this venture is "Trips and Ramblings". I guess I should talk about a trip.

I spent the weekend in Bend with my natural and honorific family. We celebrated the wedding of Doug & Heather. It was a really beautiful day, both in sentiment and atmospheric quality. We ate, and drank and were merry --including the bride and groom, who married-- sorry, couldn't resist the play on words. Anyway, the auspicious date was 7-7-07, and as a friend of the bride stated so eloquently, "They've hit the jackpot!"

The day after the wedding I spent a little time at Lava Lands. For those not in the know, it's a monument south of Bend on Hwy 97 that is dedicated to the volcanic experience of Central Oregon. It's oddly beautiful, and still very strange. Lava has so many types depending on cooling conditions (weather, speed, climate), making it very individualistic. Some time I'll have to go down in the Lava Cave, but I wasn't dressed for 42 degrees F.

1 comment:

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

Great beginning, Tonya! Glad you were inspired!

Love, Lisa