Friday, July 11, 2008

Crazy Days!

Okay. It's not really crazy. They just call it that. It's a Corvallis tradition. The second weekend of July is set aside for downtown sidewalk sales. And the name isn't really all that strange. McMinnville's sidewalk sale and summer festival is called Turkey Rama. I have no idea why. I've just always thought that was an odd name.

Anyway, I decided to take myself downtown this morning and wander the streets. I found a few things to purchase: a new pair of shoes, chocolate ganaches, really yummy smelling tea. But the best part was being out on a beautiful day with no real schedule or itinerary. In the few years since I've lived here, Corvallis has gained some new shops and restaurants. I followed my nose to this sandwich shop called "Baguette" and had a really excellent sandwich. I'm definitely going back there.

No comments: