Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blog Anniversary: First Year Reflection

It's kind of hard for me to believe that it's been a year since I began this blog. The whole thing kind of began on a whim. I initially thought that I would focus mostly on interesting places I've seen or want to see. I attempted to create a title that would reflect that. But in the last year this blog has taken on a life of it's own in some ways. I still do some really private journaling on paper. Some things are not meant for public consumption. And so this format has become the public partner of my thoughts and feelings.

Originally I thought I'd try to schedule my blogging. I try to write in my journals every night. That has varying degrees of success. I thought I'd try to do the same with the blog; write regularly, but not daily. That hasn't really happened. I noticed today that It's been almost two weeks since my last entry, and granted I was out of town without Internet access for several days. I've been home since the weekend and just didn't have anything I needed to say. And that's the bottom line. The blog lives, and in some ways, self-directs. I'm just the typist.

No comments: