Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ashland

I spent this weekend in Ashland. It's a fun little town to hang out in, and this weekend was their wine, food and art festival, Taste of Ashland. My friend Erin and I went last year and decided it was a great excuse to leave behind our lives in different cities and catch up. And I'm pleased to say that after a really lousy few days of crumby weather, this weekend was beautiful.

One of the best things about traveling (even if it's a short trip) is trying new things. This year we splurged and stayed at the Ashland Springs Hotel. It's nice, but I really like how it's right in the heart of town. After spending the afternoon nibbling our way around town, we took a little break and then walked less than a block to the Varsity and saw "Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day." I knew nothing about the film. I don't spend much time in movie theatres. That's Erin's thing, so I usually leave viewing choices to her. I can guarantee that she sees many more films that I do. Then, this morning we walked about a block up the hill and ate a restaurant we were introduced to yesterday, Dragonfly. For Taste of Ashland they had prepared an ahi sashimi salad with peppers, edemame, tomato, and I don't remember what else. It was really good. And I really enjoyed breakfast this morning.

No comments: