Monday, August 13, 2012

Solo Boston - Day 2

Today was my second solo day in Boston. I decided to take it easy, and sort of made it difficult. I didn't plan very well, so I spent some time retracing my steps.

I slept in so my day started a bit later than yesterday. I took the T into the city and walked over to the Paul Revere House. It was interesting, and they have big plans for the future. As I was walking back down Hanover street I stopped in for lunch at Piccola Venezia where I had cheese ravioli with marinara sauce. It was very yummy.

From the restaurant I wandered over to the King's Chapel, then the Granary Burial Ground. Boston Common, and then into the Boston Public Garden. I decided to take part in a Boston tradition, and rode the Swan Boats and took pictures of the Make Way for Duckling statues.



My next stop was the Boston Public Library. It's beautiful.

I had planned on walking the Black Heritage Trail, but only made it part way. I got a bit sidetracked when I ran across the sign for Louisa May Alcott's Boston homes. And at that point my feet were done, and back to the hotel I did go.

No comments: