Monday, August 6, 2012

Concord

Today we got acquainted with Concord. Our day began at the Concord Museum and a presentation by Robert Gross, author of The Minutemen and Their World. It set the stage for what will come both in April 1775 and for us teachers this week.

The museum has a very nice collection, which we were allowed to photograph. I probably went a bit overboard, but I'm enjoying my new camera and we'll need some photos for our lesson plan project this week. Besides, I've never been here before! Some of the most notable things in the collection are one of Paul Revere's lanterns and Ralph Waldo Emerson's study. Yes, the entire study has been recreated in the period rooms wing.




After dinner at the Main Street Markets and Cafe with Rhonda, (I had a very good gyro panini) the entire group went on a walking tour of town. It's cute, but very quite. Most of the businesses keep bankers hours and are closed by 6:00.

No comments: