Sunday, August 5, 2012

Massachusetts

Yesterday I flew from Knoxville to Boston. I have been accepted into a National Endowment for the Humanities workshop titled "At the Crossroads of the Revolution: Lexington and Concord in 1775."

Today I left my hotel in Quincy and took the T (subway) and commuter train to Concord. Luckily, I met up with my roommate, Rhonda, and Siggi at the station so I had some company for the trip. When the train arrived in Concord, we discovered there were many more of us on the train.

There are about 40 of us embarking on this adventure this week. We started this evening with a trip to the Hartwell Tavern, one of the sites in Minute Man National Historical Park. We were met by some of the inhabitants of 1775 Concord, who helped to set the stage for what we will be experiencing this week. It was a fabulous evening. I just wish it had been drier.



No comments: