Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Shopping

What an experience. This year we left the kids at home and headed out, four women, to enjoy the adventure of insanity.
Our first stop was Walmart. We arrived t 9:30 pm. It was chaotic and disorganized with lots of rude, obnoxious people. One bright spot was running into some family friends and catching up while waiting in the checkout line.
At midnight we were waiting in two different lines: Target and Old Navy. I had to be at Old Navy. My jeans were on sale for $15. Can't beat that. The rest of our happy troop braved Target and I met them a bit later. Again, we ran into friends and spent some time chatting.
From the mall it was off to Denny's for grand slams and time off our feet. I can't remember the last time I had breakfast at 2:30 in the morning. Refueled we hit our next stop at 5:00, then on to Fred Meyer at 6:00. We were back home by 7:30 for power naps before going to KMart and then lunch at Panera. My "day" ended at 1:30 this afternoon.
We had a good day. It was fun to hang out and pick up a few things. And starting early wasn't so bad. I think I prefer it to starting at 4:00 am.

No comments: