Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Stuff of the Past

Not long ago I was doing some cleaning. The type of cleaning that means digging through old boxes in hopes of condensing into smaller boxes. I know, I should just throw them out without opening them, but I just can't seem to do that. Anyway, this is one of the little things of the past I found.



At the time I tucked it into look-at-it-later pile, and today was the day I finally did. I flipped through the pages reading the names of people I'd highlighted. Most of them are now my Facebook friends, so I know what they're doing from time to time. Other names I can't place, and I can't recall know why I marked them. So I went digging further into the past hoping to jog my memory. I dug out my college journals. Wow, that was weird. It's amazing how something so innocuous as a directory can send you to a journal, and then to another place altogether.

No comments: