Saturday, March 5, 2011

My First DAR BOM

Cryptic title, huh? Sometimes it seems I live by initials and acronyms. For those not in the know, the title stands for Daughters of the American Revolution Board of Management. It's a meeting that happens three times a year where the state officers, chapter regents, and committee chairs gather to give reports and share information. This weekend was the first BOM I'd ever attended. A couple months ago I was asked to take over as state chairman of a national committee. Like many things, it's a learning process, but today I had to give an oral report. Oy!

I spend my days talking to teenagers, and it doesn't bother me to get up in front of a group of them and talk. Put me up in front of a group adults and the story's a little different. My report was brief, and it went well according to some of the ladies, but when I sat down I noticed that my hands were a bit shaky. Thankfully I don't have another report to give until State Conference in May...I think.

No comments: