Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grillin'

It's summer, which means food should be cooking on the grill, right? I'm ashamed to say, that I haven't done any grilling since I moved to Salem; instead I've relied on family dinners and camp outs for my grill fix...until tonight.

When I moved into my previous home, I splurged on a Weber charcoal grill. I loved it. Charcoal takes a little time, so it was common for me to grill a variety of foods on the weekends and eat all week. So, when I moved back to the Valley, my grill went into storage with most of my other things. Then last summer, Dad sort of commandeered my grill. Then the notice came from my management company: NO CHARCOAL GRILLS ALLOWED!

A couple months ago the parents bought me a new grill to replace the one they are now using. It's a Weber, but it's gas. Not my favorite grilling option. But you do what you must. Tonight I used the new grill for the first time. I love grilled steak.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really love the taste of a charcoal grill but have been stuck with gas for years. Glad to see that I am not the only one who prefers charcoal. I am finding though that even grilling chicken over gas it is delicious in enchiladas and other chicken dishes that I usually use the stove to cook.