Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School Day 6 - Some Thoughts So Far

Today was the sixth day of school, and I'm feeling a bit "off". First, I'm having trouble (at least in my mind) with only working half days. It just feels like I leave the day unfinished by leaving before the kids do. Second, in the last six days we've had three different schedules. It's been a bit nerve-wracking to not feel like the routine is set. Since the schedule affects my classroom less than some of the others, I can only wonder how other teachers are feeling. Finally, I'm putting in some sub hours. I really thought subbing was behind me. Way back when, when I was a sub, I enjoyed the work. It was stimulating on one level and gave me tons of experience. I got to go home at the end of the day without grading or lesson plans to write. It was fun. Now, I'm feeling sort of like I've been demoted. It's not the subbing experience that bothers me; it's the subbing job that does.

No comments: