Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

Today was our first official day back to school. Okay, so I had to work last week, but today was the first "kid day." And it doesn't matter that I've been a teacher for over a decade, first days are always THE FIRST DAY.

Today went really well. Thankfully my students are a older; mostly juniors and seniors. About half of the group is consists of kids I had last year. That can be a blessing or a curse. Today it was a blessing. Of course we've implemented a new curriculum which sort of leveled the playing field a bit. Thankfully most everyone was patient as we sorted our the various technological bugs. The oddest part for me was leaving at lunch time. I'm not used to only working a half day. I'm not sure I like it. It leaves so much undone. I lack closure. On the plus side, leaving at noon means I'm energized. I go to the gym. I clean house. Who knows what else I can accomplish. :)

No comments: