Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's December already?!?!?!?

I am so not ready for the end of the year. I really love December and the preparations for Christmas and New Year's. But this year I feel pretty numb to the whole experience. I can't get myself into the spirit. There are many reasons why, but I'm not going to dwell on them right now.

Decorating has been pretty minimal this year. I put up my little tree in the living room. I know it's practically a sin to go artificial in Oregon, but I do it anyway. I loaded it up with white lights and my collection of star ornaments. The cute retro "feather" tree I found in November is in the bedroom with candy canes and jingle bells. I've pulled out my snowmen tea light holders for the dining table centerpiece, and I've hung my wreaths. That's it. The presents are wrapped, and cards have been mailed. I even wrote a little letter about this blog.



No comments: