Thursday, December 13, 2007

Getting in the Spirit

In my last post I said how I wasn't feeling very jolly right now. That's starting to change. On Tuesday I was invited to a Christmas Party. This party happens every year, but this is the first time I've gone. Parties can be not so great when you're single, but I'm working on being more social. The evening was fun. We ate, shared some great stories and had a little gift exchange. Those can contentious. My solution, I just bring a gift that I would like to have myself...just in case.

I've also started on the holiday candy making. Two kinds made, three to go. I'll finish up this weekend.

But the really surprising thing that's sort of kicked me into the spirit...Rodeo. Sounds strange, I know. But the National Finals Rodeo is on ESPN every night this week, and seeing Las Vegas decked out for Christmas really flipped a switch for me. I think part of my problem here has been the weather. I'm just not feeling winter. It's too bright. I really don't know how your people in Florida, Southern California and warm, non seasonal places do it.

No comments: