Thursday, December 13, 2012

What I know to be true.....

Tonight I was blog surfing, and one link led me to another, and another and finally I found this:



Sarah Kay performed her spoken word poetry at the 2011 TED Conference. It's well worth the 18 minutes of watching time. But for those who don't wish to/or don't have time to watch, Sarah is a poet and a teacher. She assigns lists to her students, and those lists become poems.

So....This is what I know to be true right now:

Teaching middle school is hard.
I don't think I'm very good at it.
I'd go back to teaching high school in a heart beat.
Winter Break will be too short
January is a crappy month
I don't want to have a birthday in February.
I don't want to be "that" old.
Life has not gone according to plan
That makes me sad.
I'm working on acceptance.
Maybe someday I'll get there.

No comments: