Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday....

It's not really my favorite day. For some reason, birthdays are the day that makes me reflect and not always in a good way.

Today was a pretty good day. My mom called at 5:58. That's AM. She does mornings. I don't. My dad texted me at 7:04 as I was walking out the door to work. My sister called at 7:39 while I was in a meeting. {I swear. I'm the only non-morning person in my family!}

One my darling students, J.C. who is the daughter of a friend and coworker let it slip that today would be my birthday. She made up for it by bringing me cake.



And thanks to J's friend B.G. I turned 29 today. At least that's what she's been telling everyone. I'm okay with that age. If I could do go back to 29, how would life be different? See....reflection.

I ended this evening with my mom's apple pie. She left it for me after being here on Sunday. I saved it. :)

No comments: