Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


I know and understand the importance of Memorial Day, but I have to be honest, a three day weekend was the ONLY thing I was thinking about on Friday. I am so ready for the last day of school.

That being said, we took off on a family camping trip as we have every Memorial Day weekend I can remember. Due to the planned arrival of Logan this month, we didn't have elaborate plans. This year we stayed close to home, venturing over to Linn County where we stayed at Waterloo Park. Since we'd never been there before, I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. It turned out to be a nice weekend. The campground was full. Lots of people, dogs, kids with bikes, family games. The weather was cooperative; rain didn't start until Sunday afternoon, and it was bearable sprinkles until almost 10:00 pm. The kids, big and small, got their marshmallow's roasted and s'mores made. Dad did a little fishing (no catching) and Logan went on his very first camping trip.
*Note: I borrowed this picture from the Linn Co. Parks website. I didn't take many pictures this weekend.

No comments: