Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sisters Quilt Show

I'd never been to the Sisters Quilt Show. I'm not a quilter, so this event (which is a really big deal to quilters) was not on my "must see" list. Don't take me wrong, there's nothing wrong with quilting, and if I didn't have creative outlets elsewhere, and I was somewhat talented with a sewing machine, I might try it. But I digress....

I had no plans for the weekend, so the parents said "Pack a bag and come along. We'll hang out in Sisters, and do whatever we want." So that's what I did, and we were off to Sisters on Friday morning. The weather was beautiful. We saw some truly gorgeous quilts. Man, are people talented or what? I had a chance to see some of my cousins. It was a good weekend. But most of all, it made me appreciate all hard work that must have gone into those old quilts my grandmother and great-grandmother made. Man. I would never have the patience.




No comments: