Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lunch and Sake

Erin finds some of the most interesting activities. Today we drove to Forest Grove because there is a sakery (distiller of Japanese rice wine). Since I knew nothing about sake, my response was "I'm up for it."

We started with lunch at McMenamin's Grand Lodge. For those of you who don't live in Oregon or Washington, and/or have never visited a McMenamin's establishment...Get there. Seriously. Their restaurants, pub theaters and hotels are fun, historic and quirky. The Grand Lodge is a former Masonic Home, Edgefield was a county poor farm...you get the picture. Check out their website. They have consistently good food, and they brew their own beer.

After lunch we went to SakeOne. I really didn't know anything about sake before our stop today. Now I know a little more. The crew in the tasting room was really knowledgeable and helpful. Personally, I like the Plum Sake and Raspberry sake best, but if you're ever around Forest Grove, check it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I want to go Sake tasting and I have never had Sake in my life. Forest Grove is close by so I may have to try that some time.