Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jaci


I'd barely finished the final edit on the last post when my mom called to tell me that our cousin Jaci had passed away. She'd been to Palm Sunday services with her husband, and died very suddenly afterwards.

It was a weird week, knowing that Jaci was gone, but not really feeling it. On Thursday I saw the obituary and it came a little closer. But yesterday, that was the clincher, for me.

Yesterday her family, friends and congregation gathered to say goodbye and celebrate her life. It was a wonderful service, but so hard to embrace her husband and her children, being sorry for their loss and thanking God that I wasn't in their shoes. My cousins M & C, hugged me and and held on so tightly. M later told me the future she expected is gone now. I can only imagine.

Jaci, we'll miss you.

No comments: