Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Oregon!

Today is Oregon'e 150th birthday. To celebrate the state through a birthday party at the Capitol. Thanks to corporate sponsorship there were food goodies. It was a 10 year old's dream menu: Hotdogs on squishy white bread buns, salty Kettle potato chips, cake, ice cream and tiny half-pint cartons of milk. As far as I know all were Oregon products. Umpqua ice cream even created a special "Oregon" flavor (honey, hazelnuts and huckleberries). It was yummy! And did I mention, free? The best deal in town today.
For some photos, check out the article in the Statesman Journal.

The party was packed. My parents and sister joined me in line waiting for food. There were capitol tower tours. I'm ashamed to say I've never climbed the 121 steps. And we didn't do it today. Since the tours happen pretty frequently, we'll do that some other time.

No comments: