Sunday, January 4, 2009

January

I have mixed emotions about January. I'm ready to find some internal peace following the holidays. I LOVE the holidays, but a person can only eat so much food and buzz around to so many places! I'm feeling overstuffed and exhausted. But that is balanced by the need to really clean my home and pack away the Christmas stuff. I don't know why, but the stuff multiplies every year. That's why I found myself buying yet another large, red, storage tote yesterday. Now the task before me is to clean closets. Lose the junk; find all that tax stuff. Have I mentioned that I'm about three months behind on my personal filing system? At least I threw it all in one box, I think....

I need to make some plans. I don't like to call them resolutions. But I like to kind of map things out a bit. It's the linear/concrete part of my personality. The abstract/random part is the part that lets me deal with life when the plan falls apart, or I get sidetracked. And the plan will be sidetracked. That's my reality.

School starts again tomorrow. I'm not ready. At least I don't feel ready. Some kids come back from the break all ready to dive back into school and be cooperative. Others see school as a safer and saner place than home, and they will test the boundaries repeatedly for a couple of weeks. With a new job, I'm not sure what to expect yet. I guess I will just have to wait and see tomorrow.

So here's to January. I hope I get it all done. :)

No comments: