Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Driving

Face it, western Oregon is not exactly snow country. Many years we get just a bare skiff. This year, it just keeps coming down. I know my friends who live in true snow country are appalled by the reaction many Oregonians have to the winter white stuff. This week the Portland news stations have reported little news that is not weather related. But seriously, it's not that bad. I will admit that my Montana driving skills have been sharpened a bit this week, but if people would just use a little common sense, the snow would not be such a big deal!

1 comment:

Tracy J. said...

Funny, I thought it snowed there more often than that. DC is the same, though. We're expecting our first snow of the season tonight, and friends say the stores have been cleared of milk, bread and toilet paper. I guess that's the East Coast version of survivalism...