Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a small world....

That thought always takes me by surprise, but I'm not sure why. I often see people who are "out of context". Today we buried my Aunt Velma. She passed suddenly earlier this week. The service was very nice, and it was good to see my cousins. But during the funeral I kept thinking I knew the funeral director. I just knew his face, but I couldn't place where. It wasn't' until the minister mentioned the director's first name that I realized I'd gone to high school with the man. After the service I took a few moments to ask him if my suspicions were correct, and we spent a little time catching up. Who knew that 20 years after he graduated this man would be helping my cousins bury their mother in a small, rural town 35 miles from where we both grew up. It truly is a small, small world.

No comments: