Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Pitfalls of Technology

It's been a crazy week, technology-wise. I love the stuff, but I'm often really frustrated. First case. It appears that my wireless network is up and running, but it won't recognize my computer. After and hour of "verifying identification" I just plug back into the wall. Second case: I have a student in one of my online classes who is special ed. I have a great deal of difficulty evaluating her work when I don't have a clear understanding of her disability. This is one of those moments when I really miss the face-to-face that I get from my kids in the classroom. Of course, some of them share a little too much information with me. But that's another story. The third case is similar to the second. Mom hates texting and email, so we talk on the phone. (And some of you know how much I dislike the phone). Dad gets a kick out of it, so that's one of the ways we communicate. Today I sent a text, he replied and then I stressed about the underlying meaning, and that he missed my meaning. It was a mess. I guess I really need to work on emoting via text messaging!

No comments: