Saturday, August 1, 2015

Alabama - Day 5

This morning was similar to yesterday, but for lunch we headed into town to The Rock House Eatery. It was recommended by our hosts, and I had an excellent hamburger. Some of the cousins went for the pimento cheese sandwich, but I just couldn't do it. I love cheese, but I don't love pimentos.

This afternoon we hung out at the lake. The cousins live on the lake, so we spent some time on their pontoon boat and visiting at their boathouse. 
\
A view of the Lodge from the lake

Lake Guntersville is on the Tennessee River. It's a very long lake and has about 900 miles of shoreline. As a student of history, I knew about the creation of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) in the 1930's, but I didn't think about how massive that river must have been. The dams on the river that created lakes have lock systems and navigable by barges. 

This evening we had a reunion banquet and business meeting. Our 2016 reunion will be in North Carolina. 

No comments: