Thursday, June 12, 2014

New Deck

My home needed a new deck. I knew that when I bought it, but rather than have the seller fix/rebuild, I decided to keep that project for myself so that I could get what I wanted. Due to the slope of the lot and a few other considerations, I chose to have it built rather than doe the work myself. Safely was more important than saving myself some money.

My old deck was sloping, the footers were rotting, and I wasn't comfortable with the stability. It also lacked railings and the stairs weren't up to code.

Old deck
To replace the deck as it was, would have required a permit from the city so we lowered it and added steps down out of the house. It is also a bit smaller, and made of synthetic material which means I won't have to restain/reseal it every few years.

New deck
The crew from Rick's Custom Fencing and Decking did an awesome job.

No comments: