Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

It was a busy weekend. I had Wednesday off, and spent the day taking care of household chores. I also made Lemon Angel bars for Thanksgiving dinner before heading to my parents'.

We had a really nice Thanksgiving even though about one-third of the family was just getting over being sick, sick, or headed toward being sick. Luckily, I've managed to avoid getting sick so far. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the day to share. They all came out really bad.

My mother, sister and I braved the Black Friday shopping spree again. We pulled an all-nighter and finished quite a bit of shopping. I bought myself a new camera to avoid future missed holidays.

Friday afternoon we cut Christmas trees at the home of my 8th grade math teacher. He's retired now and grows a few on his property. Usually, I have a Nordmann fir. This year, I went with a grand fir.


It looks good in my new house. I spent the rest of the weekend working on decorating my house. Some things haven't been out of storage in years, so it was fun to unpack and display them. 






No comments: