Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Home

I bought a house today. That still sounds kind of surreal to me. It's a old house (older than I am), and I am only the second owner.

Buying a house is an interesting experience. When I first mentioned that it was time to my cousin on Mother's Day, I thought it would be a long process, with hours of showings. That. Did. Not. Happen. Instead, I looked at two houses, and made the offer on the first one I saw. I think that freaked out my family a bit. Of course, they may be thinking about what I missed by not looking further. I was thinking about what I would miss if I passed on this house. Bottom line....it felt right. And it evoked some memories. This house, my house, is very much like the house I grew up in. It's a bit smaller, but it met my very short list of requirements. I can even hear distant trains from my yard. Yes....a yard. I have a lawn to mow and water. Apple trees and rhodys to care for. It's going to be awesome!

The down side....trying to move during the first month of school is going to be ugly.

No comments: