Friday, June 17, 2011

How Old Am I?

I had a flattering day. It's kind of silly, but two different people made me feel younger than I am. The first was my wonderful stylist. He and I are the same age and today's topic during my haircut was high school reunions. We both have them this summer and Gene made the offhand comment that I seem so much younger than I actually am. The comment really took me by surprise, but it was flattering since some days I feel really, really old.

The second incident happened at the gym. I've been a bit of a stranger there over the last few months, which the trainer pointed out. I explained that school's out...finally. Her reply was "Are you a student?" Granted, it wasn't about my age, but it was still flattering on the heels of my earlier moment.

No comments: